I know, you’re asking yourself “Adventure Backpacks“???
Well, what else would you call it?
You load a backpack up with camping gear, or snacks and head out for a walk.
It could be just a day trip, or several nights out in the woods. But it all boils down to being an adventure.
Over the years, we have owned various and assorted backpacks. The kids always had some for school, and then Earl had an external frame backpack when he was in the Boys Scouts.
I have finally cleaned out ALL backpacks except for two.
One small one I use for work, and then our larger backpack we pack and take with us on the quad. It’s large enough to hold camera, long sleeved shirt, bottled water, suntan lotion, etc…….
But I’m always on the look out for a new backpack. One that actually fills all my backpacking/quad riding needs.
And backpacks are so various and different.
So, I thought I’d help clear the air a little and give a few reviews on some Adventure Backpacks.
I’m gonna start with the the Kelty Reverb day pack.
The Kelty features:
- Lightweight technical daypack that has everything you need for all your electronics
- 1750 cubic inches with nylon and poly fabric for strong durability
- Fits laptops up to 14 by 10 by 2 inches with full laptop sleeve and audio pocket
- Two external zippered pockets (plus main); Attic audio pocket with cord port
- Padded curved shoulder straps with deluxe no sweat backpanel; measures 19.5 by 14.5 by 11.75 inches
You get 3 compartments in the backpack. One large one for jackets, cameras, binos etc…. and then you can use the other two smaller compartments for your other essentials. Plus, the two mesh pockets on the side makes it real easy to grab your water bottles on the fly.
To read more user reviews, just click on the link below and you’ll end up right on the product page!!!
The next adventure backpack I am going to review is the High Sierra Loop Backpack. Some of the features for this backpack are:
- hook and bottom straps
- measurement 19.5 x 14.5 x 8.25
- weight: 2 pounds
- zippered CD/MP3 player pocket
This would make an awesome daypack or quad pack.
The large multi compartment is roomy enough for even my stuff!!
You also get two mesh side pockets to keep those water bottles handy. It even has a cell phone pocket on one of the shoulder straps.
To read more user reviews, just click on the link below and it will take you to the product page for the High Sierra Loop Backpack.
Now if you are looking for a slightly larger backpack, be sure to check the 5.11 Rush 24 Backpack.
Some of the features for this backpack are:
- Closed-cell foam back padded hydration pocket with two back-to-back zippered pull tabs
- Generous web-platform on three sides with additional attachment points
- Top exterior book-end pockets with non-scratching fleece-lined organization, two exterior, side, flat, zippered pockets, One interior stuff-pocket with draw cord
- Adjustable, dual density closed-cell foam shoulder straps with Duraflex(TM) hardware
- Two large metal grommet drainage holes on bottom of pack
Now, there were only 25 reviews on this adventure backpacks, but the reviews were 3 stars and up.
That says quite a bit about this backpack. I know compared to the two previous backpacks, this one isn’t “pretty”.
If you are looking for a stylish backpack , you might want to keep looking. If you are looking for a backpack that will take a beating and still be there at the end of the day, this could very well be what you are looking for!!
To read some of those 5 star reviews from people who have really put this bag to the test, just click on the link below and you will be sent on over to the product page at Amazon.
I decided to do reviews on an external and internal backpacks.
I’m sure a lot of people aren’t even sure what that means.
These are some serious backpacks. If you are planning on packing into some remote campgrounds and being out for a few days or more, then you need to look into some of these adventure backpacks.…..
The Teton Sports Explorer offers the following features:
- Rugged, internal frame backpack with 4,000 cubic inch capacity; weighs 5 pounds
- Dual aluminum stays adjust to the contour of your back
- Padded shoulder straps, padded waist belts and padded lumbar area for maximum comfort; Airflow system to reduce heat
- Full length adjustable torso and adjustable shoulder straps for a more comfortable fit
- Separate sleeping bag compartment
This rugged looking backpack had over 100 customer reviews…..all 3 star and up.
If you are looking for a new internal frame backpack, you might take the time to check the Teton Sports Explorer out. Just click on the link at the bottom, it will take you right to the product page where you can read other user reviews.
The last backpack is the Jansport Trail Series Carson Backpack. The features for this external frame backpack are:
- capacity- 4900 cubic inches
- Ergonomic s-curve shoulder straps with Large main compartment with panel and top load access
- Extendable lid with zippered compartment with adjustable aluminum frame system
- Dual side water bottle pockets and Dual foam padded hip belt for cushion comfort
- Dual density hip belt with breathable mesh lumbar cushion stays dry and comfortable
If you’re headed out for the high country, be sure to take one of these adventure backpacks with you. You can load this up and stay out for a week or two.
Lightweight, easy to carry, big enough to accommodate all your gear. This impressive looking backpack only had 21 reviews on Amazon……but it rated 4 and 5 stars only….
If your serious about your back country backpacking, be sure to go on over to Amazon and check this out.
Just click on the link at the bottom of the page and you’ll end right up on the product page for this backpack.
Whew…….that’s a lot of info for one post.
What’s your favorite adventure backpacks? Your thoughts and opinions are very much encouraged and welcomed…just leave them in the big box at the bottom of the page!!!
Don’t forget to “tweet” this and share with your friends and family……