With summer here and camping season gearing up, I thought it was time to do a camping tent review.
I know I’ve said before that Jerry and I still love to tent camp.
We’ve “evolved”over the years with our tent.
When we first started tent camping with the kids, we bought a tent that was just big enough to put our air mattress in.
Didn’t leave much room for the extras……clothing, shoes, bags etc…..
Not to mention no place to just relax and get in out of the rain.
The tent we have now is great. I love the fact that we can put our air mattress, two camping chairs, all our gear and still have room to move around. As you can imagine, it’s a little on the bigger side.
Not everyone wants such a big tent, so I am going to do my camping tent review on some smaller sized tents.
The first tent is the Eureka! Tetragon 5.
The product features for this tent are:
- 2-person, 3-season rectangular dome tent with 35 square feet of interior space
- Double-coated StormShield polyester fly and bathtub floor for weather protection
- Twin-track, side-opening door and brimmed rear window; 2 ventilation vents
- Hanging gear loft and 2 detachable interior storage pockets for gear and essentials
- Base measures 7 by 5 feet; stands 48 inches tall; weighs 5 pounds 3 ounces
As with all products, there are pro’s and con’s to this tent. But overall, the reviews are pretty promising. Just one tip: be sure to buy/use a ground sheet under this tent. Some of the reviews were complaining about water seeping up thru the floor when it rains.
The next camping tent review is for the Coleman Hooligan.
This tent offers the following features:
- Leak-free Seams: In addition to fully-taped rainfly seams, the rainfly covers doors and windows, and incorporates easy-to-use Velcro frame attachments
- Weather-resistant Fabric: Coated polyester fabric combined with anti-wicking thread, webbing, and zippers are designed to keep you dry
- Protected Seams: Inverted floor seams dramatically increase weather resistance by hiding needle holes inside the tent, away from the elements
- Waterproof Floors: Welding technology strengthens the tent floor and eliminates needle holes
- Zipper Protection: Zipper cuff adds protection from the elements to the door
- Wind Strong Frame: Engineered to be a stronger, more wind-responsive frame by using redesigned poles and guy-out triangles to anchor tents and increase performance
Overall, the reviews are pretty promising except for one issue…..it seems if you don’t stake the tent properly, it could get exciting if the wind picks up ………
The Kelty Grand Mesa 2 is the last camping tent review today. After reading the user reviews on Amazon, I’m kinda liking this tent.
Granted, it’s just a 2 person tent, but it’s lightweight and easy to set up.This would make an awesome backpacking tent.
Some of the features are:
- 1-door 1-vestibule 2-poles
- 2-person and 3-season
- Color-coded clip construction
- taped seams
Just click on the images below to read more reviews on these three tents.
Be sure to share this with your friends and family…..just click the “tweet” button at the top of the page.
What’s your favorite tent to take camping? Jerry and I have an Eureka Sunrise 11. We absolutely love this tent……Leave your thoughts and comments in the box below……
Don’t forget to download our FREE Ebook